Netherlands history comes to life during this tour!
During this tour you will see the famous 'Zaanse Schans'- the idyllic and picturesque UNESCO-listed village with its typical green timbered houses. After a tour of the village, you will visit a cheese farm where cheese is still made in the traditional way.
Other highlights of this excursion include the famous fishing village of Volendam, where you'll have time for lunch in a typical dutch fish restaurant, as well as a boat trip to or from the former Island of Marken.
In Marken you will enjoy a nice walk around the beautiful and historical village, and visit a local traditional clog maker. This is an exciting way to experience and see Holland!
The GPS Guide is available in 16 languages! All entrances are included!
The tour of 8.45h and 14.45h takes 5,5 hours and includes an audioguide in 16 languages. The tour of 12.00h includes a live guide and takes 7 hours.
- Explore the Dutch countryside
- View the picturesque windmills of Zaanse Schans
- Stop at the island community of Marken
- Visit a traditional wooden shoemaker
- Enjoy a stop at the fishing village of Volendam
- Taste traditionally made Dutch cheese
- Transportation by air-conditioned bus
- Expert guide
- Entrance fees
- Volendam to Marken cruise
- 12.00h tour includes museum of traditional costumes
Make sure you arrive on time (30 minutes prior to departure)!
This tour is leaving from Central Station (find more details on your ticket)